Terms and Conditions
Last update: 01/01/2020
Welcome to mychordbook!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of mychordbook's Website.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use mychordbook's website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Unless otherwise stated, mychordbook and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on mychordbook All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from mychordbook.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from mychordbook.com
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from mychordbook.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from mychordbook.com
- Redistribute content from mychordbook (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
- This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
- Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data ('Comments') in areas of the website. mychordbook does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of mychordbook, its agents or affiliates. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws mychordbook shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
- mychordbook reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to mychordbook a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
Uploading your content to our Website
On certain parts of our Website, you may be invited to submit materials for publication on our Website. Your content may be moderated by us before being uploaded to the Website. We may in its discretion determine whether Your content is suitable for inclusion on the Website, and makes no guarantee that Your content will be uploaded to the Website, or used by us. If you choose to upload materials, you must ensure that your content complies with our Acceptable Content Guidelines below.
Acceptable Content Guidelines
- Your content must not breach any third party Rights anywhere in the world.
- Your content must not include music, unless you have written the music yourself or have a licence from the person who wrote and recorded the music
- Your content must not contain any other identifiable brands or logos other than mychordbook brands or logos.
- You must have the express consent of any individual featured in your content to use their image and/or voice in accordance with the permission you grant to us below. If you do not have their consent, you must not submit any content featuring that individual to the Website
- Your content must not contain any material which is, or may reasonably be considered to be, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, or in breach of confidence
- Your content must not be technically harmful (by way of example it must not include any computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- By uploading Your content to the Website, you hereby grant mychordbook and its designees, together with users of the website, an irrevocable non-exclusive licence (which is unlimited in time) to view, amend and use Your content without restriction, including by way of example for commercial purposes.
- We make no guarantee that your content will be kept on the Website for any length of time, and we reserve the right to remove Your content as we see fit. You are urged to keep back up copies of any of your content submitted to us. The Website should not be used as your primary method to store or curate copies of your images, videos or text, as Your content may be removed permanently from the Website at any time, and mychordbook may not keep copies of Your content.
- Apart from your account and account information, you can not demand your content to be deleted from mychordbook
- Without limiting any other provision of these terms of service, we reserve the right to, in our sole discretion, and without notice or liability, deny access to and use of the Website to any person for any reason or for no reason at all, including without limitation for breach of any representation, warranty or covenant contained in these terms of service, or of any applicable law or regulation.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Merchant of Records
Our order process is conducted by our online reseller Paddle.com. Paddle.com is the Merchant of Record for all our orders. Paddle provides all customer service inquiries and handles returns.