Digital Millennium Copyright Act
We provide an internet-based service to users and contractually prohibit our users from using our service to upload or store material that infringes third party intellectual property rights, including copyrights. User content is uploaded to and stored on our website, located at www.mychordbook.com (the “Website”), at the direction of users. If you believe that content available on or through the Website, or accessible via links posted on the Website, or via our mobile app or links accessible from our mobile app, infringes your copyright, you or your authorized agent may submit a notification to us, as set forth in this policy. Please send a notification including all of the information described in this policy (“Notification”) to us by email using the contact information provided below.
You may be held liable for damages and attorneys’ fees if you make any material misrepresentations in a Notification. Therefore, if you are not sure whether content located on or accessible via a link posted on the Website infringes your copyright, you should contact an attorney.
A Notification should include the following:
- Identification of the copyright claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notification, a representative list of works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (preferably a link to the material).
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the rights owner, its agent, or the law. The physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- A statement that the information in the Notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notifications should be sent directy to: [email protected]
Upon receipt of a substantially compliant Notification regarding an alleged copyright violation, we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing. We will also terminate in appropriate circumstances users who are repeat infringers.
Music and Videos
mychordbook.com embed videos from Youtube. YouTube Terms of Service states that:
You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. (YouTube TOS Section 6C- "Your Content and Conduct)
Hence, embedding a video from Youtube is not a infringment of a copyright, even if the video itself infringing a copyright. In that case, uploader to the Youtube is the only one who is responsible. You can investigate further and find about past court decisions about the issue. However, as a company we do not want to display video that violates copyrights or owner of the video is uncomfortable with us displaying it. Thus, if you are owner of a video that is displayed on our site and you are uncomfortable with it, you can follow two paths:
- You can disable "embed video option" from YouTube Settings which will block everyone to embed your video
- If you do not want to disable 'embed' option of your video, please contact us via [email protected]